1. Visitors who plan to stay in Korea must obtain visas before entering Korea.
2. Nationals of those countries with which Korea has signed a visa waiver agreement can enter without a visa, on the condition that they do not engage in remunerative activities during their stay in Korea.
※ Canadians can also enter the Republic of Korea without visas for a stay of up to six months.
3. Visa application should be made at Korean Embassies or consulates abroad.
4. Visa applicants are required to submit passport, application forms, a recent passport-style color photograph, and other relevant documents as determined by the status of stay.
5. Visa fees are as follows (visa fees below are basic rates so first contact the Korean Embassy or Consulate before applying for a visa):
A. Single entry visa for a stay of no more than 90 days : USD30 B. Single entry visa for a stay of more than 90 days : USD50 C. Multiple entry visa : USD80 D. Prolongation of Reentry Permit : USD20 ※ For Citizens of United States of America, multiple entry visa fee is USD45 on the basis of reciprocity since the mutual agreement in 1994. E. Exemption of Visas Fees(As listed below)
F. List of Countries Exempted from Payment of Fees (as of January 1, 2007)